How to buy data on Telkom with airtime? It is very possible that you may have an abundance of Telkom airtime but have no data to get on the internet or use it for all the many things that we use data for. If you have found yourself in that situation without knowing what to do, let alone how to do it— then you better stay glued to this article because you will learn how to use Telkom airtime to buy data.
Before we tackle the processes, let’s remind ourselves what Telkom is with bits and pieces of what they are about.
How To Buy Data On Telkom With Airtime
According to sources, Telkom data is comparatively cheaper and lasts longer than data bundles from competitors. So if you are looking for something relatively cheap and a longer span to keep you active on all your socials and other things, you may want to consider Telkom data.
If you are thinking of using your Telkom airtime to purchase data, it is a basic procedure. All you have to do is follow the steps below;
- First and foremost, you will have to purchase an airtime voucher
- When you have the voucher, dial *188* followed by the voucher card number and then #
- Once done, tap on call to recharge your airtime
- Now that you have recharged, dial *180#
- The screen will display a myriad of data bundle option
- Choose the one you prefer per the airtime you have recharged
- Once your selection is completed, Telkom send a confirmation message on the data bundle you have just purchased
How To Buy Telkom Data With Another Number?
If you have one number in one phone but wish to buy data for another number in the same phone or a different one, here is a guide for you;
- Dial *180*
- After the screen has displayed, choose the transfer data option
- Now enter the number you wish to send the data to
- This should be followed by the amount of data you wish to send
- Hit the dial button and wait for confirmation if the process was successful
- You may have to check your message to view the confirmation message
How To Buy Data On TelkomUsing The Self-Portal
With Telkom, they are options. Maybe you do not want to use airtime to buy data and looking for an alternative. Well, here is one— using the Telkom self-portal to make a data purchase. Here is how to go about it;
- Firstly, you will need to sign in to the self-portal here https://customerportal.telkomsa.net/portal/overview/ with your username and password
- If you do not have an account just yet, then you need to register
- The next thing to do is to tap on the Load Data option on the screen
- Follow the prompts to purchase your choice
Where Do I Get Telkom Airtime To Buy?
Looking for a place and a way to buy Telkom airtime? If your answer is in the affirmative then here is the good news— you can buy Telkom through all of the following means;
- You can purchase Telkom airtime using your bank app
- You can buy on online platforms like Takealot.com
- You can use your self-portal to buy airtime too
Can I Use Telkom Airtime To Buy Data?
Yes, you definitely can use your Telkom airtime to buy data. All you have to do is to follow the procedure and you will soon be enjoying your data.
Can I Buy Telkom Data Using The Telkom App?
The direct answer is yes. You can buy Telkom data using the Telkom app. You have to;
- First, you have to download the Telkom app from either the Google Playstore or Appstore
- Once the app has been downloaded, register and then login into the app
- Now, choose the Load Data option on the app
- Choose your preferred data, the amount you wish to purchase, and hit send
How Can You Buy Telkom Data Without Airtime?
You may be asking yourself if it is even possible to buy data or choose any data bundle option without having airtime to push it through. You can buy data without airtime, not for just yourself, you can equally buy it for another number as well. This is how;
- Using the Telkom mobile app
- Using the Telkom Self-help portal
- Using mobile banking apps
Is Airtime Used To Buy Data On Telkom Cheaper?
It has been said that Telkom data is relatively cheaper compared to data from other networks. How expensive the airtime is will have to depend on the data bundle package you choose. If the data package is low, then the airtime needed will be equally low or cheap so to speak.
USSD Code To Buy Data Using Telkom Airtime
Why Should I Buy Telkom Data With Airtime?
You may have to opt for this because it requires no internet. Once you have airtime, you can purchase your data.