How To Buy Telkom Airtime From Your Phone – Having gotten a Telkom sim and opted for a Telkom, you will like to know how you are going to recharge or top up airtime from your phone. If you’re new to the network, you’ll be searching for ways to add more airtime to your phone. The good news is that you can accomplish this in a variety of different ways. For this article, we are going to concentrate on how you can top up your airtime from your phone.
How To Buy Telkom Airtime From Your Phone
If you want to buy Telkom airtime from your phone, you can do that by simply following these steps;
- The first thing you have to do in this situation is to buy yourself a recharge voucher. Note that since you are on Telkom, you need to get a Telkom recharge voucher. These vouchers can be purchased from voucher vendors on the roadside
- The next thing you need to do is to dial *188 which should be followed by the voucher number and then you close it with #
- When that goes through, you will receive a notification that your phone has been credited with the amount of airtime that was on the voucher that you purchased
- Thereof, you will be able to make phone calls and subscribe to bundles with the airtime you have now
What Are The Other Options For Buying Telkom Airtime?
Telkom has made it simple for its users and customers and users to make airtime and data bundles through a variety of means. Below, we are going to discuss all the other options you have to purchase airtime should you decide you don’t want to use the phone method.
Using the Telkom App
You can top up your airtime by using the Telkom app. If you are using this means, the first thing you have to do is;
- If you don’t already have the Telkom app, you may have to download it either on the Google Playstore or the Apple App store depending on the type of phone you are using.
- Once the app has been downloaded, you may proceed by registering with your correct details
- When you have registered, log into the app with your credentials and proceed by selecting the option that allows you to recharge your airtime
Using the USSD Code
Additionally, you can get your airtime by using the USSD means. This is by far the oldest means people use to get their airtime before the emergence of all the other options swooped in. If you are using this option, know that it is pretty simple.
- The first step here is to make sure you have purchased your airtime of choice from the vendor and by choice, we mean the amount that you can very much afford
- Following that, you can now go ahead to your dial pad and dial *188, then you add the number from your voucher to it before finally adding the # symbol. After this, you can hit send to complete the action
Using The Telkom Website
Again, you will be able to get your Telkom airtime o the Telkom official website.
- You have to first and foremost, visit the official website of Telkom to register
- Once registered, you will be presented with lots of options that range from managing your subscriptions to buying data and airtime
- Choose buying data and proceed to make a purchase. It is that simple
Buying Airtime Directly From Bank
If you have your bank app, there are several options for which you can use the bank app. One of which is by purchasing airtime and data bundles amongst other things. All you have to do is to go to your bank app and follow the prompts.
What Is The Code Used To Buy Airtime On Telkom?
The code for buying airtime is unforgettable, more so, one that you will not be able to miss. It is *188#. But you have to bear in mind that, if you are recharging, the voucher number should come right after the second eight (8), and then it can be followed by the # symbol. After this, all you have to do is to press send to have your airtime on your phone.
Can You Buy Telkom Airtime Online?
Yes, you most certainly can buy Telkom airtime online. If you use the Telkom website to make a purchase, that means that you are buying your airtime online. You should, however, note that this will require you to have active internet otherwise the purchase will not push through.