How to cancel Telkom contract? Are you on any one of the available Telkom contracts but for reasons best known to you, you wish to cancel it? Well, if your answer is in the affirmative and even if it is not, you may find this handy at a point so I advise that you continue reading.
This article is going to give you an insight into the easy steps you can use to cancel your Telkom Contract
How To Cancel Telkom Contract
The cancellation of a Telkom contract can be done in two folds. You can either use the online service or the offline service, thus downloading a form to do it.
If you wish to do it online, follow these steps;
- First and foremost, you have to visit the official Telkom page here https://apps.telkom.co.za/alpha/public/login/public/login?&madURL=login/public/login
- When you are there, login into your Telkom self-portal with your username and password
- You may have to register on the page if you do not have a profile you will have to create one for yourself
- You can now proceed to click on ‘Manage Account’, then on the applicable account, followed by cancel
- You can now fill in the required empty spaces with answers to the questions they have asked
- At this stage, you upload all supporting documents
- Accept the terms and conditions next
- You can now click on submit. Clicking on submit will grant you access to a reference number. Remember this number will come in handy at a point
Particulars Needed To Cancel Telkom Contract
When you need to cancel your contract, you need to make these particulars available.
- A South African Identification book
- A three-month bank statement from your bank
- Proof of employment
- Salary slip
Can I Cancel My Telkom Contract Anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your Telkom Contract the moment you are done with your registration. However, it is an entire process that will take a lot of time to be completed, a maximum of 60 days at least.
Here is the breakdown of the entire process. This will make you understand why it takes that 60 days.
- Day 1- you will have to submit your cancellation form and other supporting required documents
- Day 7- the cancellation is processed by Telkom and the normal bill is sent to the subscriber to be paid
- Day 30- Telkom will finalize the cancellation request
- Day 60- this is the day the subscriber will be given the entire bill. Once he or she pays, the cancellation is completed
Why Do Telkom Subscribers Cancel Their Contract
The reasons why Telkom subscribers cancel their contract is endless. It could be because they found a better offer, the charge increased, they are no longer in the contract, and a host of others.
Does It Take Long Before Telkom Contract Is Cancelled?
It takes at most 60 days for the Telkom contract to be canceled.
How Long Does It Take To Cancel A Contract At Telkom?
For one to cancel a contract at Telkom, they need to give Telkom at least a 30 days notice. If they don’t, it may not go as planned for him or them.
Can I Pay Off My Telkom Contract Early?
Yes, you can pay off your Telkom contract early. You must however note that you will be charged outstanding balances. Note that, if you cancel a contract before the end of the contract, you will be charged a cancellation fee.
What Is Telkom Cancellation Fee?
The Telkom cancellation fee as of June 2022 was R809.
What Happens When You Cancel Telkom Contract?
After you pay your cancellation fee, you have no business with Telkom again. It means that you have no obligation as far as Telkom is concerned until you decide to get on the network again.
How Do I Cancel My Telkom Mobile Subscription?
To cancel your Telkom mobile subscription, do this;
- You have to login into your Telkom self-portal
- Click on Manage Accounts
- Then select the applicable accounts
- Choose the one you want to cancel
Alternatively, you can send an email to StocST@telkom.co.za for Fixed Line business, or BusinessMobile@telkom.co.za for Mobile Services.
Can I Change My Telkom Contract?
Yes, you will be allowed to change your Telkom contract but of course, they will have to abide by the terms and conditions.
How Do I Change My Telkom Contract To Prepaid?
To change your Telkom contract prepaid, follow these steps;
- Dial *180#
- You can choose the option to change your contract
- Then go to the option where you can change your tariff
- After that, you can confirm your chosen option by choosing 1
Do I Get Penalized If A Telkom Contract Is Running?
Yes, if a Telkom contract is running, you may have to pay some penalties.
When Will Your Cancelled Telkom Contract End?
Your Telkom contract remains active until you finally give a prior 30 days notice to Telkom for it to be ended. Once you are certain about that, and successfully submit your Telkom cancellation request online, it will take 30 days for the whole process to be completed. So from the subsequent month, your final bill from Telkom arrives and once your payment pushes through, your cancellation is complete.
Telkom Cancellation Form And Process
If you wish to cancel your Telkom contract, you may want to check out these processes.
- The process needs to be started by going to the official Telkom website
- If you do not have the self-portal, you will need to register to have one
- You have to log in with your credentials and by that, we mean your password and username
- Tap on manage accounts and select the account you wish to cancel
- Then you can go ahead and upload all documents. This may include supporting documents
- The last stage is clicking on confirm and waiting for the reference
What Number Can Call To Cancel Telkom Line
If you wish to cancel your Telkom line, you can call any one of these numbers 081 180 for mobile or 10210 for fixed-line. People who wish to call this center must call between the hours of 8 am to 6 pm on weekdays. On the weekends, they operate from 8 am to 1 pm and are closed on Sundays and all public holidays.
Telkom Cancellation Sample Form
If you want to have a fair idea about what the Telkom cancellation form looks like, click on this link.
How Many Months Is Telkom Contract?
The Telkom contract runs for 24 months, which is two years.
NB: Below are other useful terminologies as far as Telkom contracts and Telkom Telecommunications company is concerned.
What Are Telkom Contracts?
These are subscriptions and services provided by Telkom. Users and customers have the option of choice to choose from the wide range of services Telkom has.
Types Of Telkom Contracts
Telkom has a wide array of contracts for users and customers to choose from. Here are some of the available contracts you can choose from.
- Data Contracts
- Voice and Data Bundles
- Mobile Services
- Financial Services
What Is Telkom?
Concerning telecommunication provisions in South Africa, Telkom cannot go without mentioning Telkom. They are one of the leading communication provision services in South Africa.
Telkom was launched in October 1991 in Johannesburg, South Africa. It has its headquarters in Pretoria with more than 15,000 people working under its wings. Telkom operates in over 38 countries in the world, of which South Africa is a part.
What Services Does Telkom Provide?
Telkom has a range of services they provide. This includes;
- Mobile phone offers
- Fixed lines
- Data and information