How To Buy Telkom Data Using Bank Card – The truth is, once you have gotten yourself hooked on Telkom, you will start looking for all the other alternatives you can use to make sure you stay in touch with friends and family how exactly do you go about it? You can do this by recharging for either your data or airtime but for this article, we are going to concentrate on data.
In South Africa, there is still another method of purchasing Telkom data. There are several other ways to fill up your SIM, including purchasing scratch cards from a store or on the street. Additionally, you can use the USSD code to purchase airtime from your bank directly.
Maybe you’ve used up all your data and want to pay with a bank card straight. Does Telkom allow for such a thing? Or do you have to purchase Telkom data using mobile banking? The answer is yes. Telkom allows that and this article is going to take you through those steps.
How To Buy Telkom Data Using Bank Card
Although Telkom does not offer the same direct phone purchase option as Vodacom and MTN, there are still a lot of possibilities for purchasing Telkom data with a bank card. You can still purchase Telkom Data in the following methods using your FNB, ABSA, Capitec, Standard Bank, and other bank cards:
- You can use your bank card to purchase Telkom data at a local store. Or you could purchase airtime. After purchasing that, you can turn it into data bundles.
- Purchase of Telkom data via the Telkom website is an additional choice. This way, you have to first create an account, visit the Telkom official website, log in and proceed to get your data.
- We know you remember Takealot— you can purchase Telkom data online with a bank or debit card. This is available from numerous internet retailers, including Takealot. Select the data bundle you want to purchase and then click Add to Cart. Then select Go to Cart. Click on “Proceed to Checkout” after that. To continue with your purchase, you must first create an account. Debit and credit cards are just two of the various payment methods that Takealot accepts.
- A different option is to purchase Telkom airtime straight through your banking app. The FNB and all the other banks offer this feature.
- To purchase Telkom airtime, you must be signed up for mobile banking. But you can accomplish that without a credit card. You’ll be able to use USSD to make your purchase once you’ve registered.
How Do I Buy Telkom Data Using Airtime?
Compared to data bundles from other networks, Telkom data
- First and foremost, you may have to buy a Telkom airtime voucher from a vendor
- When you have the voucher, you can now dial *188, follow this with the voucher number and then add # to it. Press send to complete the action
- After that, it means you have loaded your airtime and now you have to convert it to data
- Dial *180# and choose from the options given. You have to select what bundle you prefer at this stage
- Now hit the send button to complete the action
- You will be sent a notification of your data purchase if it was successful
How Do I Buy Telkom Data Using The Mobile Banking App?
Here are the steps to follow;
- Firstly, open your mobile banking app and log into it
- After that, select the option to buy airtime
- Proceed by clicking on Telkom
- The phone number you want to use to purchase Telkom data bundles must be entered, either yours or the recipient’s
- Your desired budget for internet bundles should be entered
- Enter your bank pin and tap on send to complete the action
- You will soon receive a notification of your data purchase
- Please be aware that bank app interfaces vary. Consult the customer service representatives at your bank if this is not the proper method. Additionally, you can purchase airtime and turn it into internet bundles using the mobile banking app
Also, read about Telkom Mobile Contract Cancellation Email