Are you wondering how to check your Telkom data balance on router? As a way of solving internet issues, Telkom has some router devices which help customers as far as the internet is concerned.
The Telkom routers come in different types and each type has its own specifications in terms of size as well as capacity.
In this article, I will be taking you through how you can check your data balance on any of the Telkom routers without any stress.
How To Check Data Balance On Huawei Router Telkom
Checking your data balance on Telkom using the Huawei router can be accomplished easily and in some simple steps. At first glance, you might think that it is absolutely impossible to check your data balance because Huawei routers work differently from mobile phones.
One thing that you must know is that just like mobile phones, you can actually check your data balance and if you want to do so, then do the following;
- Connect your laptop or computer to the Huawei router from Telkom.
- Once you are connected, you must type in a specific IP address that will enable you to carry out what you want to do. If you have no idea about this IP address, do not panic because you can easily figure it out, and one thing is that you might have probably seen it but you had no idea that you might be needing it so you just forgot about it. The IP address is most found on the Huawei device, normally at the down part of the device. In case you cannot find yours, use the IP address, 192.168.8.1.
- Once you type the IP address in your browser, a login page will open and you will be required to enter a password to log in. The default password with which you can log in is ‘admin’ and once you type this in the input field, you will be logged in.
- After logging in, head straight to tools, and choose USSD.
- Proceed to type *188# in the field provided and click on the send button that can be seen on the page.
- An SMS will be sent from Telkom and you can access this message to know the data balance left on your device.
- To see the message that you received and other messages that you might have missed, go to the left menu and click on SMS then follow the prompts.
How to Check Data Balance On Telkom Mifi Router
Just like how you checked your data balance on the Telkom Huawei router, you can also check your data balance on the Telkom Mifi router. Although they are different devices, checking your data balance is very easy. While using your Telkom Mifi router and looking forward to checking your data balance, follow the steps below;
- Connecting your laptop or computer to your Telkom Mifi router is the first thing that you need to do, so proceed to do that.
- After connecting your laptop or computer, the next thing to do is to open your browser and visit the Telkom Mifi router utility configuration portal. The IP address that you will need to visit the portal can be found on the device.
- Once you hit the IP address, enter the default password so you can log in to access the full functionalities of the portal.
- Once you are logged in, visit the ‘Advanced’ section and click on ‘Bandwidth Usage’. This will display your available data balance for you to see.
- Additionally, you can also use the USSD option on the portal to check your available data balance.
How To Check Data Balance on Telkom Wifi Router
To check your data balance on the Telkom WiFi router, do the following;
- Connect your internet connecting device to your WiFi router
- Visit the IP address that will enable you to access the router’s portal and when the login page opens, proceed to enter the default password.
- Locate the ‘Advance’ option and click on it. When it opens, click on ‘Bandwidth Usage’ to see your available balance.
Can I Check Telkom Data Balance On A Different Router
If you are wondering whether you can check your Telkom Data Balance while using a different router, then you have an affirmative answer because you can check your available data balance. The only problem is that checking your Telkom data balance while using a different router will mean that the USSD code that will be used will be different.
The thing is that since your router has the ability to send and receive messages then you are good to go. So, before you check your Telkom data on a different router, you must first find out how the USSD functionality works on the device and once you are able to figure it out then you can check. I failed to elaborate because there are thousands of routers available, hence some constraints in that regard.
Huawei B525 USSD Code For Data Balance Check
The Huawei B525 USSD code for the data balance check is *188#.