For some reason, it is prudent for DStv subscribers to know how to check DSTV account balance. Imagine watching your favorite movie or series on DSTV and then your subscription gets terminated. This might definitely hurt and it’s something you would want to avoid.
This is why we’ve put together this article to provide you with the step-by-step procedure or approach to guide and assist you to check your DSTV account balance. It might seem difficult and complicated but actually, checking for your DSTV balance is one of the easiest processes regarding the entire DSTV setup.
There are several ways of checking your DSTV Account balance but in this article, we take you through some of the commonly used processes for checking your subscription balance on DSTV. Below are 4 different methods that will aid you to reach your required results.
- Using MyDStvApp on your smartphone
- Using the USSD code (SMS) on any phone
- Through WhatsApp
- Using the DSTV self-service portal online
How To Check DSTV Account Balance
As stated earlier, to avoid the termination of your DSTV subscription in the midst of an exciting television or radio program, you should be checking your account balance from time to time. Below are the 4 most used procedures to check your account balance.
- Using USSD Code (*120*68584#)
With any mobile phone and a working SIM card, all you need to do is to dial the USSD Code (*120*68584#) and send. Another dialogue box will pop up asking you and the service you want to perform. From the options provided, select ‘Check Account Balance’, you would be required to enter your DSTV Account number.
- Using the MyDSTV App
Before you will be able to check for the balance, you are required to have a ‘smartphone’, download and install the ‘MyDStv App’,
- Using the Self-service online portal
Visit the website, (https://www.dstvafrica.com/), click on the upper right corner of the site, select your country, enter the registered name on your DSTV account, enter your smartcard number (DSTV Account Number), login into your account, and you will find the account balance displayed on the dashboard.
- Using Multichoice South Africa WhatsApp number (060 060 3788)
The WhatsApp Self-Service ChatBot will allow you to perform a number of self-service functions on your DStv account hence enabling you to check for your DSTV Balance and other services
How Do I See How Many Days Are Left On DStv?
The steps in accessing information about your DSTV are almost similar. To see the number of days left on DSTV using the MyDSTV App, you need a smartphone, install ‘MyDStv App’ from Playstore (Android) or Appstore (IOS), Appstore, ‘your account name’ and ‘your smart card number or account number’.
To check your DStv account balance in Ghana, follow these steps:
1. Open the MyDSTV app on your phone
2. Enter the right login details for your account.
3. Once you have signed in to your account, you can navigate your dashboard to ”My Account” to see your balance.
How To Check Your Account Balance Using DSTV Mobile APP
With your smartphone, all you need to do is the MyDStv App. This app will aid you in checking your account balance in a matter of seconds. Below are the steps to guide you.
- Open MyDStv App on your smartphone
- Enter the name or phone number you used to register your decoder
- To check your DSTV account balance, enter your smart card number
- Click on the sign-in button to login into your DSTV account
- You will find your account balance when logged in on the DSTV app dashboard.
Check DSTV ACCOUNT Balance Via Online
Checking for your DSTV account balance online is also simple and convenient. Below is the step-by-step approach to renewing your subscription online in a twinkle of an eye.
- Visit DSTV’s official website (https://www.dstvafrica.com/) on the phone or a computer.
- Click on the upper right corner of the site
- Choose your country
- Enter your name or the mobile phone number you used to register your account
- Enter your smartcard number (DSTV Account number)
- Now, click on ‘Login’ to sign in to your account
- When logged in, your DSTV account will display a dashboard with your account balance.
How To Check DSTV Account Balance Via USSD Code
With this method of checking for your DSTV account balance, all your need is a mobile phone and a working SIM card. Almost every mobile phones support the USSD Code (SMS) system, therefore no matter your phone type, it’s possible to access the USSD Code. Below are the steps to check for your DSTV Account Balance.
1. Proceed to the SMS menu on your phone to create a new message
2. Type ‘BAL’, leave a space, and then type your DSTV account number (10 digits)
3. Forward the SMS message (BAL and the DSTV account number) to 30333
4. Your message would be responded providing you with your DSTV account balance.
How Do I Check My DSTV Balance On WhatsApp?
Checking your DSTV Balance is much easier. With this method, all you need is a smartphone that supports WhatApp, save their DSTV’s WhatsApp number (060 060 3788) and start interacting with them by saying ‘Hello.
The WhatsApp Self-Service ChatBot will allow you to perform self-service functions on your DStv account hence enabling you to check for your DSTV Balance and other services.