How Can I Get My DStv Account Number In South Africa – Do you own a DStv decoder or know someone who owes one? Perhaps you’re curious about how to locate your DStv Account Number. And it is no different from anyone who has a DStv decoder. They may want to know how to find it so they will not find themselves wanting when the need arises for them to make provision of that number.
Well, we are here to tell you not to worry yourself because that is what this article is going to do. We are set to give you all of the information you need to find your DStv Account Number.
Keep reading in the next few paragraphs to find out more.
What Is The DStv Account Number?
There could be several reasons why you are reading this. One of them is that you have no idea what your DStv account number is, let alone how to locate it.
Let us focus on what the DStv Account number is and deal with how to find it later on.
The DStv Account Number is an eight-digit number that is assigned to each customer’s account when an account for their decoder is created. You should always bear in mind that, each customer has a unique number associated with their DStv account.
How Many Digits Is The DStv Account Number?
Do you know how many digits your Dstv account number has? Many customers find this to be an everyday marvel so you are not alone in this wonder spree.
When you purchase a Dstv decoder, an account is created for you, and you are given an account number. The Dstv account number is eight digits long. This does not include letters or any other special characters. They are simply numbers.
Is The DStv Account Number And Customer The Same Thing?
Many are those who have asked if the DStv Account number and the Customer number are the same. Well, we agree that they can be confusing sometimes but here you go.
The customer number functions in the same way as your Dstv account number. In simple words, your DStv account number and Customer number are the same as your Dstv customer number; they serve the same purpose.
How Important Is The DStv Account Number?
Perhaps you’d like to make your payment. You must have either your account number or your smartcard number to do so.
It can be used to access your account. You may also be asked to provide it as part of the DSTV query process.
It is for one of these reasons that you need to know your DStv Account number so you do not find yourself wanting when the need arises.
What Are The Requirements To Find Your DStv Account Number?
As stated, the DStv Account number plays a vital role hence the need to know it at your fingertips or have it written somewhere to revise when you need to use it.
To find these numbers, there is a need for you to present some things or have some required things handy to make it easier for you to find the numbers.
The following items are required to locate your DStv Customer Number:
- You will need your DStv smartcard number
- You will also need a smartphone, tablet or a computer
- Additionally, you will need an active internet connection
How Can I Get My DStv Account Number?
We can now begin the process of locating the DStv account number now that we have highlighted everything we need.
This is how you will do it.
- First and foremost, you will to the official website of DStv here https://www.dstv.com/en-za
- Log in with your surname and the smartcard number from your decoder. The smartcard’s serial number is printed on the card itself. You can find the number by removing it from your DSTV decoder
- After you’ve logged in, go to ‘My Account.’
- You are bound to find your account number in your Account
Alternatively, you can use this means to find your Account Number;
Aside from logging into the DStv self portal to find your account number, there are alternative means you can employ to find your account number. This is how to;
- You can equally find it online
- Also, you can reach out to DStv on their social media platforms, either Facebook or WhatsApp or Facebook for assistance to find the account number
How Do I Find My DStv Account Number Via The DStv App?
You should be in the know that, there are several means through which you can find your DStv Account number. One of them is using the MyDStv App to find it. If you wish to use this means, this is how to go about it.
- First and foremost, you have to download the DStv app if you don’t already have it. After downloading it, register with your details
- The next thing to do after registration is to open the MyDStv app on your device
- Proceed by going to Manage
- The next thing to do after this stage is to tap on Profile
- There and then, you will see your account number fully displayed there
How Do I Pay DStv Into Your DStv Account?
DStv has varied options through which you can make your subscription payments. All that a subscriber has to do is to find the best there that suits them to make payments.
Here are the various means through which you can make a DStv subscription payment;
- You can use the DStv Self-service portal to make an account payment
- You can also use the DStv mobile app to make payments (this can be downloaded on Google Play or Apple Store)
- Alternatively, you can set up a debit order with your bank
- You can also use the internet as a means of payment
- Credit card
- You can also make a direct payment
- You can equally visit accredited supermarkets to make payments
Do I Need My DStv Account Number To Make Payments?
Yes., in some instances, you will need your DStv Account number to make payments. For instance, if you want to make payments at the supermarkets, you will need the Account number to make the process successful.
To obtain your payment reference, simply add the digits ‘11374’ in front of your account number. If your Account number is 12345678, for example, your payment reference will be 1137412345678.
Biography About DStv South Africa
MultiChoice Group owns DStv, a Sub-Saharan African video entertainment company. The service, which debuted on October 6, 1995, offers subscribers in South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, and other countries a variety of audio, radio, and television channels and services.
DStv allows you to access all of your package’s content from anywhere and at any time. You can watch live TV channels as well as catch up. If you aren’t already a subscriber, you’ll find a limited selection of content to enjoy.
How Much Is DStv Per Month?
Prices were reduced by 14% on average, ranging from R80 for DStv Compact Plus (now R469 per month) to R21 for its cheapest package, DStv Access.
What Are The Different Types Of DStv Packages?
FromR799pm. Stream Decoder with over 135 channels. +15 SportsChannels… Starting at R519pm. Stream Decoder. 115+ Channels. +8 Sports Channels… Starting at R409pm. Stream Decoder with over 100 channels. +7 SportsChannels… Starting at R299pm. Stream Decoder. 75+ Channels… Starting at R99pm. Stream Decoder. 66+ Channels… Starting at R29pm. Stream Decoder with over 25 channels.