How Long Does It Take For Telkom Rica Sim To Activate – You have gone through the RICA processes and now you are wondering how long it will take for that Sim card to complete the process. The anticipation of waiting for this to happen can be exhausting, especially if you have no idea whether it went through successfully or otherwise.
Well, say no or think no more because this article is going to do. This article will tell you how long it takes for your Sim to Rica. Continue reading to find all there is to know in the next few paragraphs.
What Is Sim Card RICA?
RICA is a South African law that governs the legal interception and monitoring of cell phone communications. Every person who purchases a SIM card is required to register their personal information.
Why Do I Need To RICA My Sim?
It is imperative that you RICA your sim if and when you are in South Africa. There are several reasons why there is a need and one of them is RICA combats crime by assisting police in tracking down criminals’ personal information linked to their mobile phone numbers.
What Do You Need To RICA Your Sim Card?
If you are ready to RICA your sim, you will need to make available certain documents to make sure the process is simple for you. Here are the documents you need;
- You will need to make provision for your identification card
- You will also provide proof of residence
- You are also required to provide your bank statement
- Also, you will need to present your utility accounts
- You will also be required to present your telephone account
- You have to make provision of your TV license
- Also, you will have to add your insurance policies if any
- Also, you have to present your lease agreement
What Do I Need To RICA My Telkom Sim Card
To RICA your Telkom Sim card, these are the documents you need;
- The SIM ICCID number can be found on the back of your new SIM Pack
- Personal and contact information
- You will need your RSA ID copy in PDF, PNG, JPG, or JPEG format
- Utility bills, store account statements, and bank statements are acceptable forms of proof of residence
- To complete the RICA process, you must submit a selfie
What Happens If You Don’t RICA Your Sim?
Are you wondering what will happen to your Sim card should you decide not to register your sim card? Well, if you don’t register or RICA your sim, this is what will happen.
It is unable to connect to a mobile network. Because your identity and address are linked to your sim card, law enforcement can easily track you down.
How To RICA A Telkom Sim Card Online
If you have gotten all the required documents needed to register or RICA your sim card, then the next thing you will need is for you to start your registration process. Here is how to;
- First and foremost, you have to visit the Telkom website here https://rica.telkom.co.za/
- There, press the Start Rica button
- Enter your first name, last name, RSA ID number, and the ICCID of your new SIM on the following page
- Following that, you must enter your personal information. Your phone number, physical address, and email address are among them
- Following that, you must confirm your contact information. An email is sent to the address provided. You will also receive an SMS on the number you provided. These will contain a link that will allow you to complete the RICA process. You will have to finish the process in a different window or on your phone
- You must upload a copy of your South African identification
- The following step is to upload your proof of residency
- Finally, you must perform a selfie verification
Alternatively, You can also RICA your phone while in-store. Simply go to your local Telkom store and register there. You will still need a copy of your South African ID, proof of residence, the ICCID number for your SIM, and a photo that clearly shows your face.
How Do I Check My Telkom Sim Card RICA Status?
If you wish to check your Telkom Sim card RICA, here is how to go about it;
- You must insert your Telkom SIM card into your mobile phone
- If the SIM card works, you are RICA registered and ready to go
How Long Does It Take For Telkom RICA Sim To Be Activated?
It is believed that it takes about two hours for this to be fully completed. The verification procedure should take no more than 15 minutes. Once completed, you will receive an SMS informing you whether or not your RICA verification was successful. If your application is approved, it will take approximately two hours for your SIM service to be activated.
Does Telkom Online RICA Consume Data?
If you are using the online means to RICA your Telkom sim, then you must know that you will need internet connectivity. This means that charges will be demanded from your internet service provider since it requires internet for the service to run.