How to Activate Telkom Prepaid Sim Card – Most times, mobile phone users including Telkom customers have difficulties activating their SIM cards.
Some of these mobile phone users have already registered their SIM cards, however, activating them is really a problem. Others too have not registered their SIM card which is the first step to activating their SIM cards.
Well, in this article, I will be showing you how you can successfully activate your Telkom prepaid SIM card, and I will be touching on how to register your Telkom prepaid SIM card as well so, in the event that you have not registered your SIM card, you can follow this article to do so.
How to Activate Telkom Prepaid Sim Card
If you are looking forward to activating your Telkom prepaid SIM card on your own, then this section of the article will be of great help to you. Before I take you through this journey of activating your Telkom prepaid SIM card, I would like you to put at the back of your mind that the process is not a difficult one. To activate a Telkom prepaid SIM card, kindly do the following;
- You will need your prepaid SIM card with you. You must ensure that the prepaid SIM card you want to activate is RICA registered because if it is not, there is no way you can activate it.
- The next step of the process is to wait for a notification from Telkom after completing the RICA registration process. Once you receive this notification, proceed to recharge your Telkom prepaid SIM card with some airtime.
- Once you complete the recharge process, be assured that your Telkom prepaid SIM card has been activated and you can start using the SIM card.
The activation process is about recharging your RICA-registered Telkom prepaid SIM card, and once this is done, you are good to go.
How do I register Telkom SIM
In the previous section of this article, we have established that you can never activate your Telkom SIM card without registering it. This section of the article will let you know how you can successfully register your Telkom prepaid SIM card without any stress so you can proceed to activate your SIM card and start using it. In South Africa, another name for registering your SIM card is RICA – Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act.
Previously, there was a chance that you could register or RICA your SIM using a USSD code provided by Telkom, however, that is not possible currently as the process has been suspended by Telkom.
It is now advisable that your use the online platform provided by Telkom or better still buy your SIM card from the official Telkom store. To RICA your SIM online
Click on START RICA when the page loads and you will have to begin the RICA process once the page loads.
Proceed to enter some details and follow the prompts.
You will have to show proof of your identity using your South African identity card or your passport if you are not a South African.
Additionally, you must provide proof of your residence and you can do this by showing your utility bill, store account statement, or bank statement.
You will also need to pass a photo verification process and once you are done, you will receive a notification via SMS to notify you about the success of the process.
To prevent the stress of registering online, just visit any Telkom shop and register.
What documents are needed to Register your Telkom SIM
Before you can successfully register your Telkom SIM, you must provide some documents. This section of the article will let you know the documents that you will need to provide.
Below are the documents;
- A South African ID
- You must provide your address and to prove this, you must present any of the following utility bills, bank statements, existing leases, cell phones, or retail accounts. You must know that the documents that you will present must not be older than three (3) months.
- The SIM card to be registered