How to find a DStv customer number – If you have a DStv subscription, then there will come a time when it will be required for you to give out your DStv customer number. This means that when you do not have that customer number, you will find yourself in a dire situation and no one wants that.
The truth is, no one will wish for you to be at your wit’s end seeking out your customer and that is what this article is here for. The purpose of this article is to help you find your DStv customer number so if you are interested, you better continue reading.
What Is DStv Customer Number?
The DStv Customer number is very important to each account because it is sometimes required to make payments. When paying your DStv via EFT, you usually need your DStv Customer number as a payment reference.
The DStv Customer Number is an eight-digit number that is given to each customer’s account when an account for their decoder is created.
You must bear in mind that, Each customer’s phone number is associated with their DStv account.
How Many Digits Is The DStv Customer Number?
At this point, we have made it quite clear to you the relevance of the DStv Customer Number and the need to have it at the tip of your finger.
One thing you must also not forget is how many these numbers are. The DStv customer number consists of eight digits. It consists of only numbers and no letters, and it varies from one customer to the next.
Is The DStv Customer Number The Same As The Account Number?
This is a viable question to ask. So here it goes; In South Africa, your Dstv Account Number is the same as your Dstv Customer Number, and they all serve the same purpose.
What Is The DStv Account Number?
Basically, the DStv Account number is the same as the DStv Customer number. This number is an eight digits number with no alphabet and special symbols.
How Do I Find My DStv Account Number?
This is pretty simple as you can find the account number in four steps;
- First and foremost, you have to download the MyDStvApp if you don’t have it installed already
- When it is installed, open the app and head for ‘manage’
- From manage, you can now click on My Profile
- There and then, you will see your account number displayed there
Alternatively, you can do the following;
- Visit the official website of DStv
- Log in with your username and unique password
- Tap on My Account
- Your account details will then be displayed on the screen where you will see your Account number
How Do I Retrieve My DStv Customer Number?
If you want to retrieve or find out what your DStv customer number is, then you are in luck today.
This card is connected to your decoder and the customer number you generated with MultiChoice just before you started your DStv membership. Your smartcard number is located opposite your smartcard, beneath the barcode.
What Are The Documents Needed To Find Multichoice Number Online?
Here is a list of things you need to have available and ready if you want to find your multichoice number online;
- Your DStv smart card number
- A smartphone, tablet or laptop
- An active internet connection
How To Find Your DStv Customer Number- Steps
Now that you know what you need to make available to find your customer number, let us take a look at these simple steps to find the number. This guide will show you how to find your DStv Customer number online in a few simple steps.
- First and foremost, you have to visit the DStv self-service official website by clicking on this link https://www.dstv.com/en-gh
- Typically, the next thing you are expecting is for you to sign in but DO NOT SIGN IN
- Scroll down until you see the menu with Make Payments, Accounts, Error among others
- The next thing to do is to tap on Make Payments
- Then proceed to enter your DStv smartcard number in the box that appears first https://selfservice.dstvafrica.com/en-gh/mydstv-sign-in
- You have to enter your surname or mobile too
- The next thing to do is to click on the drop-down where you will be required to enter your country— in this context South Africa
- You will then see the CAPTCHA box where you have to key in the letters you see. Make sure you look at them well and enter the correct word
- Tap on verify next
- A pop-up window will appear with the account holder’s name and smart card number Now, you have to go ahead and select “View Balance”
- You will instantly see account information, such as your customer number and account balance
- Now, all you need to do is to write that number down and that is how you find your DStv Customer number
How Do I Pay My DStv Subscription In South Africa?
DStv has provided subscribers with lots of options through which they can make their subscription payments. Here is a list of some of the ways you can pay your DStv subscription.
- Debit Order
- QR Code
- Internet EFT
- Payment Link
- Credit Card
- Direct Deposit Absa
- Walk-in Centers
- MTN MoMo
Can I Pay My DStv Using My Customer Number?
Yes, you can use your customer number to pay your DStv subscriptions. Be mindful that, you will need to know your number at your fingertips or have it written down so it is easier for you to take it when the need arises.
How Do I Use My Customer Number To Pay My DStv Subscription?
Your customer number plays a key role when it comes down to making your DStv payment as you will be required to mention it or clock it in at a point. To make payment, follow these steps;
- Go to any recognized DStv walk-in point and ask that you want to make payments
- You have to then make provision for your customer number which will be used as your reference
- You must bear in mind that, this code 11374 should be preceded by your customer number
- Therefore if your customer number is 12345678, then your reference will be 1137412345678 when paying
Does DStv Accept Electronic Payments For The Account?
Yes, you can pay your DStv bill using EFT.
All you have to do is;
- Use your eight-digit DStv customer number as the payment reference and select ‘MultiChoice’ from the list of approved recipients on your bank’s online banking portal
- If you open an account with one of the five big banks (Absa, FNB, Standard Bank, Capitec, or Nedbank) and adhere to these steps, your payment will be evidenced on our system within fifteen min.
Do You Need DStv Customer Number To Sign Into DStv Now?
Since so much emphasis has been placed on the DStv Customer Number, you may be wondering if it has any play when it comes down to DStv Now since it is something subscribers are finding a new love for.
Well, here are the facts, you do not need your customer number if you want to sign in to your DStv Now account.
DStv Support Channels
If there ever comes a point where you need to reach out to DStv to assist you in whatever inquiries, you are free to do so through the support channels. Here is the list of the support channels;
- MyDStv App which is available on Android, iOs, and Huawei
- DStv WhatsApp on this number 060 060 3788. All that you have to say is a simple hello
- The DStv Live chat which can be accessed on the official DStv website
- Using the DStv USSD- all that you have to do is Dial *120*68584# on your cellphone
What Is The Relevance Of Knowing Your DStv Customer Number?
As stated earlier, there is a reason why you should know your customer number and there also is a reason why we are making all of this noise about the customer number.
The number, which is just eight digits and without any alphabet or symbols could come in hand at any given time.
Here are a couple of reasons why you should know it;
- Without the customer number, there is nothing that makes you stand out as a subscriber. This is because the number is allocated to all DStv decoders which makes them unique. You cannot find two or more decoders with the same customer number which spells you out as the bonafide owner of the decoder
- Additionally, the number will be required in some instances when you need to make an account payment. For instance, if you want to use the walk-in service to pay your DStv bills, you will need to use your customer number as a reference. Also, if you opt for the EFT means of payment, that means that you should know your customer number so what happens if you don’t know it?