The Vodacom Message Centre Number is what will allow Vodacom customers and users to send and receive messages on their respective phones. Unfortunately, some customers find themselves in a situation where they cannot even send messages again because they may have an issue with the message center.
This article will talk about it, and all the processes to have your Vodacom message center number.
What Is The Vodacom Message Centre Number?
The Vodacom SMS center number is pre-installed on the phone just like any other SMS center number per the network you are using. However, sometimes, you may lose that number for one reason or the next.
The Vodacom SMS center number is +27829129. It must be noted that this number is the same for both prepaid and contract customers.
What Is Vodacom SMS Centre?
An SMS center is what allows you to send and receive messages. So In a case where you only receive text messages but cannot send them, then you may have to go to your message center to have a second look at the settings.
The Vodacom SMS center will sort you out when you encounter any of the above challenges.
How Do I Fix Vodacom Message Not Sending?
When you encounter an issue like your Vodacom message not going through, then you have to go through the following steps;
- You have to dial #330*1111#
- Then proceed to reboot and start afresh to see if it will work OR
- Try changing the SMS center number to +27829119 or +27829129 OR
- Clear all the cache from your text message and try it out again
How Do I Activate SMS Roaming On Vodacom?
The SMS roaming service on Vodacom allows you to use the service wherever you are in the world and not just in South Africa. To activate it, kindly follow these steps;
- Go to the text message icon on your phone
- Type ‘Roamon’ and send it to the shortcode 123 OR
- You can send an SMS to the shortcode 31050 to have the roaming service activated on your phone
How To Enter The Vodacom Message Centre Number
If for any reason at all you have lost your Vodacom Message Centre Number which has led to your inability to send messages, you can follow these steps to restore that and get back to sending instant messages on Vodacom.
- First and foremost, you will have to look through your phone and tap on the messaging app on the phone
- Secondly, look for the three dots on the app you have opened. This can be found on the right-hand side of the screen
- When you have found it, tap on Settings
- This should be followed by Advanced
- After that, you should try and look for the Message Centre icon. You should note that it may sometimes be called Service Centre or Sending Options. They are all the same
- Once you find it, paste the SMS center number there if what you find there is either wrong or the spot is empty
- After that, go back and try sending a message to see if it will go through
It must be noted that the SMS center number does not depend on the type of phone you are using. The message center is based on the network you are using.
Why Is Vodacom Message Center Number So Important?
You must be wondering why there is a need to find your message center number. Well, the truth is, until you have found yourself in a wanting situation, you will think the SMS center number is of no relevance.
But imagine wanting to send an SMS urgently only to realize that, the message is not going through. The first thing that you may have to do is to restart your phone, hoping that will change things and the next time you try, the message pushes through.
If that does not work, you will be left with no other option than to hurry to your message settings and check your SMS center number and if it is empty, you can proceed to fix it.
Additionally, if you call Vodacom customer service to have your SMS setting fixed, they will ask you about your center number as well. This clearly emphasizes how important this number is.
How To Check Your Vodacom SMS Centre Number On iPhone