Thanks to the Vodacom network, just like the many other telcos in South Africa, provision has been made to the effect of being able to use the network globally which means that Vodacom clients and customers will have the privy to enjoy the same services whether abroad or hom
Additionally, you might have to travel abroad as a customer of the business. Maybe you’re planning a trip to the US or somewhere else. If so, you might want to turn on international roaming to keep in touch while traveling.
In this article, we are going to talk about Vodacom
How Do I Activate Roaming On Vodacom?
Now that we have gotten the introduction out of the way, we have to delve right into the heart of the article. We are here to find out how to activate the Vodacom roaming service so how exactly do you do it?
Activating your Vodacom roaming should not be so much hard work. It should be simple and once you follow through with that, you should be done with the process within blinks.
If you are ready, here are the steps to follow;
- The first thing that you need to do if you want to activate this service is by first going to the dial pad on your phone
- If you are on Vodacom but subscribed as a contract customer, the approach will be quite different for you. Customers with a Vodacom contract can enable roaming by sending an SMS containing the text IRM to 31050
- Alternatively, you can activate roaming by calling Vodacom Customer Care at 082 135
- If you are a prepaid customer, however, you will have to use a different approach. Sending an SMS with the phrase TRAVELON to 123 will enable roaming for Vodacom Prepaid users
- Alternatively, calling Vodacom Customer Care at 082 135 will also enable roaming
What Is The Vodacom Activation Number?
Vodacom has an activation number. This is the number that clients and customers use to activate their international roaming service. This means that if you don’t know that activation number, it will be essentially difficult for you to activate the international roaming service.
If you are looking for the Vodacom activation number, then you can call this number 082 135. This number is not the activation number. It is rather the Vodacom customer care number. This number is the one that is going to connect you to a customer service representative where you will ask that they activate your roaming service for you.
How Do I Activate Vodacom International SMS On Vodacom?
When it comes to Vodacom just like many other telcos, the only thing that you get to activate internationally is not just calling. You can activate SMS services as well.
So how exactly do we go about activating SMS international roaming on Vodacom? I will tell you how below;
- It is pretty simple. All you have to do is Send “Roamon” through SMS to 123 or 31050. ALWAYS enable SMS Roamer before leaving
What Is Vodacom Africa Roaming?
Vodacom operates a facility known as Africa Roaming. Under this plan, roaming fees on sister networks of Vodacom are minimized. It should be noted that the business is also present in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kenya, and Ghana.
Therefore, you should confirm that your phone is set to roam on the Vodacom network before traveling to any of these nations. You will pay less for roaming that way.
By manually selecting the network on your phone, you may confirm that you are connected to the Vodacom network. Sadly, Zimbabwe is not a party to this agreement. In that nation, Vodacom does not exist. It’s unfortunate because Vodacom serves thousands of Zimbabweans who reside in South Africa. And they frequently go home.
Does It Cost To Be On Vodacom International Roaming?
Well, if you are asking whether you will pay any sort of money when you activate the Vodacom International roaming then your answer is yes. This is because you will have to make payments when you recharge just like you typically do. In effect, what we are saying is that Roaming is not inexpensive, that much is true. In actuality, it may be rather pricey.
The fact that you will be charged for both making and receiving calls is one of the reasons for this. So, that is usually quite expensive.
Here is an example of the Zimbabwean Vodacom international roaming fees.
- Country: Zimbabwe
- Operator: Econet
- Local call: R6/min
- International calls: R16.50/min
- Receive a call: R6/min
- Data: R5/MB
- Send SMS: R2.75/SMS
What Are The Countries Under Vodacom African Roaming Family?
- Vodacom Lesotho
- Vodacom Mozambique
- Vodacom Tanzania
- Vodacom DRC
- Vodafone Ghana
- Kenya Safaricom
Who Can Get On Vodacom Africa Roaming?
- Africa Roaming is available to all Vodacom Contract, Top Up, and Prepaid users with an active roaming plan
- Make sure to activate your roaming service if you have a Vodacom contract at least seven (7) days before departing South Africa
How Much Does African Roaming Cost?
Once you have Vodafone World enabled and have arrived at your location in Africa, you will be charged the following roaming rates:
- Local calls in the nation you’re visiting cost R2.90 per minute
- For calls back to South Africa or other nations, the rate is R5 per minute
- Receiving calls costs R2.90 per m inute
- For each SMS you send, pay R1.50
- R5 per MB of utilized data
Can I Activate Vodacom Roaming While Abroad?
7 days or more before departure from South Africa, activate. From a Vodacom mobile phone, dial 082 1940 for FREE customer service, or send the text “IRM” to 31050. You might need to put down a deposit.
Why Should I Get Africa Roaming?
- You save money when you roam on one of the Africa Family networks because of the lower roaming costs
- You will instantly receive discounted prices for Africa Roaming on the chosen networks if you enable roaming and stick with the standard Vodafone World plan
How Do I Recharge With airtime When Roaming?
If you have already activated the Vodacom roaming service, then you should also be in the know that you will need airtime and data while away. Customers of Vodacom who are on the go can select from seven-day-valid data-only bundles or combo packages that also include phone minutes.
Customers of the mobile provider can access the bundles by using the USSD code *135*130# or the “My Account” tab in the My Vodacom App.
What Is Travel Saver And How Do I Activate It?
For a daily subscription cost of R30, Vodacom Travel Saver offers the best, lowest roaming prices on any network in 26 countries.
Because you pay a set daily charge for the Vodacom Travel Data bundle you select and the country you are visiting, you save money on data. For each day that you use data while traveling, it is accessible. As soon as you exceed your limit, we’ll send you a free SMS warning you about it.
You must make sure that you are roaming in one of the countries that are designated as a Vodacom Travel Saver country to be eligible for Vodacom Travel Saver pricing. To be eligible for Vodacom Travel Saver prices, you must make sure that you are roaming in one of the eligible nations that are designated as Vodacom Travel Saver nations.
How Do I Activate Vodacom Travel Saver?
Customers can activate the Vodacom Travel Saver if they have the basic roaming subscription;
- When in South Africa, send the word “SAVE” to 123 for nothing, or +2782123 from overseas (roaming SMS rates will apply)
- Dialling 082111 for customer service
- You can also utilize the My Vodacom App by choosing My Services > Manage services > Calling Services
- Remember that once the service is activated, Vodacom Go Saver will continue to be the customer’s default roaming choice whenever they travel to eligible countries until it is deactivated
- On Vodacom Travel Saver, a daily subscription cost is required. The subscription price is only applicable/charged on days when a subscriber is roaming in a country that is eligible for Vodacom Travel Saver and using any roaming service, such as placing or receiving calls, sending SMS, or using data (days with no roaming event will not be charged a subscription fee)
How Do I Activate International Roaming?
To activate Vodacom international roaming, you have to send an sms to IRM to 31050 if you are a contract customer and an sms to text TRAVELON to 123 if you are a prepaid customer.
Why am I Unable To Connect To A Network While Roaming?
On your mobile device, Vodafone data and voice roaming are not functioning. Are you on board yet unable to utilize cellular data or place or receive calls?
International roaming is the practice of using your phone on a foreign network when traveling abroad and using the SIM card that your network provider has issued. You can use your cell phone while roaming outside the network operator’s designated service region.
The following causes could be the cause of your Vodafone roaming not working;
- Your Vodafone SIM is not activated for voice or data roaming
- You are dialling from a foreign country using the wrong number format
- You are visiting a nation where Vodafone does not offer international roaming
- Your smartphone is in aeroplane or flight mode
- Your phone has not been reset since you turned on Vodafone roaming.
- It’s past due on your Vodafone account
- Vodafone won’t take any of your international calls
How Can I Avoid Vodacom Bill Shock?
- To avoid using huge amounts of data, customers who use smartphones or tablets must make sure that only needed data-related activities are enabled on their devices. To prevent consuming a lot of data and running up a big cost, just enable applications like email, web surfing, instant messaging, and others when necessary
- Even though these services are offered for free in South Africa, using a phone when abroad to check email, browse the web, use instant messaging, or use other applications would result in a charge at the current Vodafone world rate for data roaming
- Contract users can activate Vodafone Passport to reduce costs on long-distance calls. Customers of Vodafone Passport can use their home rate, enabling them to chat for extended periods at a lower cost. For instance, a client using Vodafone Passport while traveling on the Vodafone UK network and a Talk 130 rate plan can save up to 83% compared to what they would have otherwise had to spend
Which International Roaming Price Plan Will Suite Me?
This will be dependent on the customer or user. The customer needs to go through the roaming plans and find out what suits them perfectly. There is a wide array of options to choose from.
How Can I Check Countries I Can Use International Roaming Services?
With Vodacom, you may easily roam in more than 70 nations, including the UK, USA, Nigeria, South Africa, UAE, and many more places. To find out which country you can roam, click on this LINK.
Why am I Unable To Make Calls While Roaming?
- Your phone has not been reset since you turned on Vodafone roaming or
- It’s past due on your Vodafone account
- Vodafone won’t take any of your international calls