Vodacom is a South African mobile network provider. A device using Vodacom’s mobile network must be set up with Vodacom’s internet settings to access the internet. The APN (Access Point Name), username, and password are part of these configurations (if applicable). The gadget can connect to the internet and access online services including email, web surfing, and social media after being properly configured.
Do you want to learn where to discover the Vodacom internet settings for your Samsung phone, then? In South Africa, Samsung phones are the most popular. They own around 48.04% of the market, which is followed by Huawei, which holds about 24.63% of the market.
The likelihood is great that your Samsung phone will instantly receive all necessary settings the first time you plug your Vodacom SIM into it. That does not always occur, though. You would then have to carry out tasks manually.
For this article, we are going to take you through the Vodacom internet setting process for Samsung. Keep reading to find out in the following paragraphs.
What Is Vodacom Internet Setting?
The configuration information needed to connect to the internet on a mobile device using the Vodacom network is referred to as a Vodacom internet setting. The Access Point Name (APN), username, password, authentication type, and APN type are among these details.
The device can connect to Vodacom’s internet service and access the internet if these settings are configured properly.
It is preferable to contact Vodacom directly or through their website to find out the proper internet settings for Vodacom.
How Do I Request Vodacom Internet Settings?
By doing the following, you can request Vodacom internet settings:
- Contact Vodacom customer service: To get the internet settings, call the Vodacom customer service number or go to a Vodacom retail location
- Visit the Vodacom website: On their website, Vodacom might have a support page or FAQ area where you can find the internet settings for various devices
- Look in the device’s manual: Look for instructions on how to configure internet connectivity for Vodacom in the device’s handbook, if you have one
- Some devices can configure their internet settings automatically by sending a text message to a certain number. If you want to know if this option is offered and what number to text, get in touch with Vodacom customer service
- Contact Vodacom customer service if you need assistance setting up the internet
- Vodacom customer service should be able to help you with the proper settings if you are still having problems configuring the internet
What’s the Vodacom Internet Settings USSD Code?
The USSD code for Vodacom Internet Settings is *111#. When you dial it, an SMS with the proper mobile internet settings will be sent to you.
Vodacom Internet Settings For Samsung
If you want to configure your Vodacom internet setting on your Samsung phone, there is a need for you to know that you have to go through certain processes before you activate the internet service on the phone.
Note that depending on the particular device model and software version, the settings listed above may change.
Follow these instructions to set up Vodacom internet on a Samsung device:
- Select “Settings”
- Choosing “Connections”
- Then, choose “Mobile networks.”
- Choosing “Access Point Names”
- Select “Add” or “+”
- Name: Vodacom 4G
- APN: internet
- Username: leave blank
- Password: leave blank
- Proxy : leave blank
- Port : leave blank
- Server : leave blank
- MMSC : leave blank
- Multimedia Message proxy: leave blank
- Multimedia message port : (Not Set)
- MCC: 655
- MNC: 01
- Authentication type : (none)
- APN type: default,supl
- APN protocol: IPv4
- Bearer : Unspecified
- Mobile virtual network operator: none
A Guide To Setup Vodacom Internet Settings For Samsung Phone
How do you set them up? The actions below must be taken.
- Enter the Settings app on your Samsung phone first.
- Then select Mobile Networks.
- Navigate to Access Point Name from there.
- Finally, select Add New and set the options as described previously. Remember to save your changes before leaving and pick the new profile.
- You should have internet access now
Why Is It Important To Get Vodacom Internet Settings for Samsung
The reason why you would want to obtain these settings is the query. The majority of activities we perform on our phones these days, however, necessitate an internet connection.