How To Switch To Prepaid LTE On Telkom – You are now on the biggest communication provider, Telkom but you know you have options so you want to switch it up to a Prepaid LTE. The only problem here is that you don’t know how to go about it and you are wondering if you can get help anywhere.
Well, we are here to tell you not to fret because there is a way out. In this article, you are going to take you through the switching process from a Telkom regular to a Telkom Prepaid LTE.
To find out more, continue reading.
What Is Prepaid LTE?
It is a prepaid mobile broadband pricing that allows customers to stay connected with low-cost data offers.
What Does Telkom LTE Mean?
When you hear about Telkom LTE, what it means is that gaming, music and video streaming, app downloading and anything that requires the use of the internet will be enhanced. LTE, which stands for Long Term Evolution, is a new high-speed wireless data standard with increased capacity. It is the most recent generation of mobile networks, replacing 3G.
What Is Telkom Prepaid LTE?
Telkom has options for everyone, regardless of what you are looking for. When comes down to Prepaid LTE, it can be said to be a fixed wireless broadband service that can only be used in one location.
This means that, when the subscriber happens to move away from their current location, Telkom has no say in the coverage. Telkom will not be held responsible if for any reason at all, the subscriber does not enjoy the speed or reliability of the coverage.
How To Move To Telkom Prepaid LTE
You are on Telkom but because you know you have options, you want to move to Telkom Prepaid LTE. Well, the good news here is that you can do that. Here is what you need to do.
- You have to dial *180#
- Once you are here, you have to choose an option that will change your tariff
- Now, you can tap on option 2 to change your tariff
- Proceed by choosing option 5 which will land you on Smart Broadband Wireless Prepaid Tariff
- Now, confirm your selection
- Now that you have changed your tariff, it means that you have to purchase LTE bundles
- Dial *180# to purchase an LTE bundle to get yourself connected and enjoy the fastest internet connectivity
How Do I Activate Telkom LTE?
Yes, you can activate Telkom LTE yourself. This is what you need to do.
- Dial *101#
- You have to dial this two or three times and proceed by starting the device
- You will do this until you have a confirmation SMS from Telkom
What Do I Dial To Get LTE Data On Telkom?
If you are asking this question, it means that you are already on Telkom LTE and you have exhausted your data but looking forward to recharging it. To recharge or buy data on your Telkom LTE, you have to;
- Dial *188# and click on send
- You will be given the option to choose a preferred package
Alternatively, you can use the Telkom App to recharge your Telkom LTE data. Here is how to go about it.
- If you do not have the Telkom App, you will have to download it at either the Google Playstore or the Apple Appstore
- Once it is downloaded and registered, you proceed to the dashboard
- This should be followed by tapping on Accounts
- Select buy once you are on Accounts
- Then hit on Data bundles
- Choose your preferred bundle type— whether LTE or Once-off LTE
- Then your preferred data package according to your affordability
- Then choose your preferred payment method
- Once the purchase goes through, you will receive a confirmation message
What Is Special About LTE?
Yes, the question that many users and curious people want to know is why LTE? What is so special about LTE that everyone wants to jump on the train?
Let us tell you why;
- LTE means Long Term Evolution
- LTE can also be referred to as 4G
- LTE comes right after the world so much noise about 3G
- LTE is fast. When 3G came, we all wanted to be on it because it was fast and made using the internet a jolly ride. Well, LTE is as twice faster as 3G and who does not want high-speed internet connectivity?
- Wait, did we say LTE is twice as fast as 3G? forgive us— per the conversations that have come up since LTE came to be, LTE is arguably 10 times faster than 3G
- So if people are making noise about LTE, you should allow them because there is everything special about it
Does Telkom Prepaid LTE Work On Any Device?
If you are considering changing or switching to LTE, then this is a safe and reasonable question to ask. It will be in your best interest to find out if what you are switching to will even work on your device.
For instance, if you are using a 3G phone, you should bear in mind that LTE will not be able to work on it because it will not be equipped with the required speed limit.
Therefore, the direct answer is that Telkom Prepaid LTE does not work on every device. It has limitations. If you have an LTE, you can jump on this plan immediately as your phone will support it.
The same is true if you own an LTE dongle or tablet. It is not limited to routers and MiFi devices. It is worth noting, however, that Telkom does offer an LTE MiFi device for a one-time fee of R600.
How Much Is Prepaid LTE On Telkom?
The fact that you get “10GB” of data for only R99 is one of the reasons why Prepaid LTE is so popular.
This bundle, on the other hand, is divided into 5GB of data available at all times and 5GB of data available at night. As a result, if you are not a night owl, you will receive 5GB of data.
You must choose the R149 bundle if you want 10GB of Anytime data. This adds 10GB to your Night surfer data account.
When Does Telkom Prepaid LTE Bundle Expire?
Because this is a prepaid option, there is nothing to worry about contracts and monthly payments.
Telkom’s prepaid LTE bundle has a one-month validity period (31 days). As a result, to obtain a plan that will last you until the end of the month, you must choose wisely.
How Long Does It Take To Activate The LTE Services After Delivery?
According to Telkom, this might take up to 24 hours after delivery. You may have to exercise a little patience.