How To Port To Telkom – Your mobile number functions as an identification card. Nobody wants to continually remember new phone numbers every time they change providers. Are you an existing MTN or other mobile phone network subscriber who wants to switch to Telkom? Here’s an easy way to port to Telkom. Regardless of the network, you are on, Telkom will make it possible for you to port your number
To find out more, you need to continue reading but first, let’s try and understand what porting means.
What Does It Mean To Port Your Telkom Number?
Switching from one service provider to another while keeping or retaining your first mobile phone service provider’s digits is referred to as ports. The only thing that changes is the service provider’s prefix. Simply said, if you go from one mobile operator to another, you can keep your phone number. This means that if you are porting your number from any network to Telkom, you can keep the same old number only that, it will no longer be the previous service provider and airtime and data will be purchased in the name of the new number, thus the service provider.
How To Port A Prepaid Number To Telkom
If you are asking this, then it means you are ready to port your number regardless of the network you are on Telkom so we are going to take you the process through each step so you are acquainted with the process. Before you start the process, you need to get the following;
- Your ID card number and the ICCID number
- In place of ICCID, ICCIC Telkom refers to a 20-digit number located on the back of the SIM card, which often begins with 89
- When you have gotten of the above things, you can now begin with the actual porting process
- Send an SMS with the pattern PORTME#IdNumber#ICCID number to 0811607678
- This process does not need you to pay the company anything, albeit the standard SMS fees will apply if you use the SMS porting functionality
- This approach is only available to prepaid customers
- The method for postpaid users differs significantly in that the user must visit a Telkom shop and fill out an application form
Easy Steps on How to Port to Telkom (MTN To Telkom)
Mobile number porting is nearly unique to South Africa. It enables citizens to switch from one network to another while keeping their phone numbers. This allows us a great deal of adaptability. If one network doesn’t feel right, you can easily switch to another without having to change your phone number. It is simple to port. You only need to stroll into the local Telkom shop and they will perform it swiftly and easily for you. You can also port from your smartphone.
Here is how to Port from MTN To Telkom
- If you are going to port from MTN to Telkom, then you need to obtain a new Telkom SIM card
- The next thing you have to do is to RICA your new sim card which is Telkom
- After you have done the RICA, open Messages on the phone that is still using your old MTN SIM
- Make a new message with the following text: PORTME#youridnumber#iccid. Please be careful when typing this message to avoid any sort of mistakes
- Now, you will need to send that message to this number 081 160 7678
- You will have to wait for 24 hours for the sim card to become active as the process takes 24 hours. After these 24 hours have elapsed, your old sim that is the MTN becomes inactive
- After all of this, you have to put the new sim card, that is Telkom into the phone
- You have completed the porting process once that is done and note that you will hence be purchasing Telkom airtime ADVERTISEMENT
Does It Take Long Before A Number Ports To Telkom?
The company claims that company, this procedure should take no more than two days. However, the procedure normally takes a day to complete, therefore you should be up and in no time. When that occurs, you will be able to select any of the company’s plans for your usage and pleasure. The terms and conditions, of course, apply.
Do I Keep My SIM when I Port From MTN To Telkom?
When you port from one network to another, you do not keep your SIM card. So, if you transfer from MTN to Telkom, you will still need to get a Telkom SIM card. It’s the first thing you should do because the ICCID is required for the process to be completed.
Porting Terms And Conditions
Before you start the porting process, you must bear in mind that it comes with terms and conditions. Here are a few terms and conditions you must adhere to complete your porting successfully.
- Any commitments or outstanding payments from your current service provider must be fulfilled before moving your number to Telkom Mobile
- Some of the products you obtained from your existing service provider may no longer be supported by Telkom Mobile or may be accessible in a different manner after transferring your number to Telkom Mobile
- To move your number to Telkom, you must first obtain a new SIM card from one of the company’s retail locations. The SIM card will then be used to transfer to the selected mobile network
- A mobile number that has been suspended, canceled, or blacklisted is ineligible for porting
- Customers who port via SMS, Website, or MXit will only be allowed to port from Prepaid to Postpaid and Postpaid to Postpaid
- All requests for porting are subject to the Telkom Mobile terms and conditions for new registration
Why Is Porting Important?
When it comes to number porting, the attraction is self-evident. It’s convenient to be able to switch networks while keeping your phone number because it doesn’t disturb your life. You don’t have to go around informing everyone of your new phone number. In terms of competition, people all around South Africa profit. Every mobile network operator in the country understands that if they do not deliver the greatest service at reasonable prices, customers would just leave.