How To Clear All DStv Error Codes – DStv, a renowned satellite television provider, provides its users with a varied selection of channels and programming. However, as with any technology service, error codes are widespread. These problem codes can interfere with your watching experience, but many of them are simple to fix. In this article, we will teach you how to understand and repair DStv error codes, allowing you to troubleshoot and resolve difficulties more easily.
Whether you’re seeing an error message about signal strength, subscription status, or technological problems, resolving these issues typically requires a mix of troubleshooting actions and comprehending the precise error number displayed on your screen. From simple tests like establishing good connections to more complicated procedures like resetting your decoder, we’ll go over a variety of ways to get you back to watching your favorite shows without interruption.
By being acquainted with frequent DStv error codes and their solutions, you will be better prepared to fix issues quickly, reducing downtime and increasing viewing pleasure. So, let’s get started and learn how to read and fix those bothersome error signals, assuring a smooth entertainment experience with your DStv subscription.
How To Clear DStv Error Codes
To clear DStv error codes, follow these steps:
- The first step is to identify the problem code displayed on your computer. Error codes are typically alphanumeric characters that describe the nature of the problem.
- DStv includes a thorough reference that explains the significance of each error code and provides troubleshooting advice. Consult this guide to understand the root cause of the error.
- Start by inspecting the physical connections between your decoder, television, and satellite dish. Check that all connections are properly connected and that there are no visible signs of damage.
- Sometimes merely restarting the decoder will clear transient problems and error codes. To achieve this, turn off the decoder with the remote control or the device’s power button. Wait a few minutes before powering it back on. Allow the decoder to completely boot up and see whether the error code persists.
- Poor signal strength or satellite dish alignment issues might result in error codes indicating signal loss. To assess signal quality, use the signal strength indicator on the decoder’s menu. Adjust the satellite dish position as needed or seek assistance from a professional installer.
- Ensure that your decoder’s software is up to date. Check the settings menu for available software updates and install any that are not yet installed. Software upgrades frequently include bug fixes and enhancements that can resolve error codes.
- If the error number indicates a subscription-related issue, make sure your DStv subscription is current and up to date. Log in to your DStv account online or call customer service for assistance with subscription verification.
- If you have tried all the troubleshooting methods and the issue code continues, contact DStv customer service for further assistance. Provide them with the problem code and other relevant information about your setup so that they can assist you in resolving the issue efficiently.
Following All Of These, You do the Following;
DSTV Self-Service Portal
- The DStv self-service clear error codes method is the simplest. All you need is a stable internet connection and a computer or smartphone. Once online, follow these steps:
- To clear error codes, download and install the MyDStv app or go to the DStv official website.
- Click “Sign in.” Select your nation as “South Africa.”
- Enter both your surname/mobile number and your IUC/smartcard number.
- If you do not already have a DStv account, go to their website, click “Sign Up Now”, and provide your email address and phone number.
- Create a password and then select “Create An Account.”
- After you’ve logged in or created an account, click “MyDStv.”
- Select “Clear error code.” Select the code that appears on your television screen.
- Select “Clear Error.”
- Wait for the webpage to display a message confirming that the error code has been cleared.
Contact Customer Service
You can contact DStv customer service to get the error codes cleared from their end. To make the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible, keep your ID or Smartcard number handy. Please find the contact information below:
- Call 083 900 3788 or 011 289 2222.
- WhatsApp: 060 060 3788.
- Social media: Send an inquiry to the DStv X (Twitter) customer service website.
- DStv’s website: The website provides phone numbers and addresses for DStv call centers in your area.
Using DStv USSD Code
- Dial the DStv USSD code from your mobile phone. The exact USSD code may differ based on your region and service provider. DStv USSD codes typically begin with *288# and are followed by extra digits.
- When you dial the USSD code, you will be provided with a list of possibilities. Look for an option linked to error codes or technical support. This option could be named differently depending on the menu arrangement.
- Follow the directions to input the problem code displayed on your television screen. Enter the alphanumeric characters associated with the error code using the keypad on your phone.
- After entering the error code, the USSD system will give you instructions or remedies to fix the problem. This may contain troubleshooting tips for your decoder or extra information about the problem code’s significance.
- Follow the instructions provided by the USSD system to clear the error code. This could include restarting your decoder, checking connections, or verifying your subscription status.
- Once you’ve done the actions outlined, the USSD system may certify that the error code has been cleared. If the error persists, it may give additional guidance or recommend calling DStv customer service for assistance.
List of DStv error codes And How To Clear them
1. DStv error code Per 0: DStv error code According to 0, DStv has not issued an official remark. It necessitates actions such as relaunching the DStv app and refreshing the internet. If you are still receiving the error, please contact DStv support.
2. DStv error code Per 1: “Looks like something went wrong. Please try again: The DStv error code Per 1 comes with the following official statement from DStv: “Looks like something went wrong. Please try again. It arises as a result of network interruptions (slow or unreliable network). Refresh or restart your internet or DSTV app. If you are still receiving the error, please contact DStv support.
3. DStv error code E16-4: “Service is currently scrambled.”: The error code appears when your package subscription expires, or you attempt to access a channel from a DStv package to which you have not subscribed. You can access channels from lower-level packages but not from higher-level programs.
4. How do I fix E16-4 error on DStv? Pay to renew your DSTV package subscription or pay for the plan that includes the channel you want to watch. To check for payment alerts in your mail messages, press the “Menu” button on your remote and pick “4”.
Assuming your account has no delayed payments, click “My Account” to clear the E16-4 problem code. Alternatively, to clear E16-4, go to their official website, utilize the DStv app or USSD code, or contact customer service.
5. Error code E30: “Service is currently scrambled. Please wait”: DStv E30 error code indicates that your smartcard is confirming your subscription status. It occurs when you first install DStv or renew your subscription after an extended period of time.
6. How to clear error code E30 4 on DStv?: Wait for the DSTV system to authenticate your subscription. The issue should be resolved within about 2 minutes. If not, please contact DSTV customer care.
How Do You Fix DStv Error Code 8118
DStv Error Code 8118 usually indicates a hardware problem. To manually reset it, push the “Reset” and “Standby” buttons on the front of the decoder at the same time. The letters “dL” will appear on the decoder display panel.
When you see the letters “dL”, quickly hit the following button sequence: (Standby, P+, P-, P+, Standby). If you got it right, the decoder should be factory reset.
How Can You Clear DStv BE1 Error Code
BE1 indicates that the decoder’s memory became corrupted while writing to the flash memory. To recover from the BE1 problem, reset the decoder by long pressing and releasing the “Standby” and “TV audio” buttons. Your decoder will flash dL.
While dL is blinking, press the following button sequence: (Standby, P+, P-, P+). The decoder will now display dE and initiate the download process.