How to cancel MTN contract? Canceling your MTN contract can have quite a toll on you. There are chances you do not even know where to start or how to go about it. Well, Christmas came early as this article is going to teach exactly how to do that.
But first of all, let’s get our readers with more information as far as MTN contracts are concerned.
What Is MTN Contract?
MTN contracts are the kind of contract a customer enters with the network-providing company. The contract is usually for 24 months.
Types Of MTN Contract
- SIM only
- SIM and device
- Headset only
How To Cancel MTN Contract
If you want to cancel your MTN contract, here is how to go about it.
- Notice: You have to give MTN that 20 days business notice stating that you want to have your contract canceled
- The Applicable Cancelling Charges: If you are canceling your contract, you also know that it comes with charges hence be ready for it. You can click on this LINK to know the charges you will be paying
- Canceling The Contract: This is the stage where you call 135 from an MTN number or you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request for your contract to be canceled
- Canceling Orders: If the item is a physical item, MTN will arrange with a courier for pickup
Who Qualifies For MTN Contract?
Just like it is with most contracts, you need to meet certain requirements to qualify. MTN is no different. Here is a list of things that qualifies you for an MTN contract.
- First and foremost, your South African ID card
- If you happen to be a foreigner, you may have to resort to using your passport
- Your proof of income- this is to ascertain that you will be able to pay for the contract
- Your bank statement for at least three months
- Your proof of residence- where you live in case of any unforeseen contingencies
How Long Does It Take For The Contract To Be Approved?
The onus is on MTN to make sure you will be able to meet the payment terms. Therefore, it may take between 3-10 for MTN to approve your contract.
How Do I Know If My MTN Contract Has Been Approved?
It is typical to expect results or feedback after you have applied for an MTN contract. If you are impatient to wait for MTN to get back to you, you can call 135 to find out if your contract has gained approval or otherwise.
What Happens If I Don’t Pay My MTN Contract?
MTN will h ave to take things into its own hands if you fail to pay up your contract bills.
Can I Cancel My MTN Contract?
Of course, you have all the rights to cancel your MTN contract for any reason best known to you. All you have to do is to make sure you give MTN a 20 written 20 business days notice.
How Much Does MTN Charge To Cancel Contract?
If you are no longer interested in an MTN contract and wish to cancel, you must bear in mind that you need to provide MTN with at least 20 business days’ notice. Also, you will be mandated to pay up these charges;
- The remaining cost of the device
- A month’s subscription pay
- Any other usage charge that has not been paid
What Happens To My Phone When I Cancel An MTN Contract?
If that contract happens to be a phone contract, you will lose your phone in the process and pay some other calculated charges that come with contract cancellation.
Additionally, you may lose your sim and will not be able to use any of the services provided by MTN.
What Happens To My Number If I Cancel My MTN Contract?
Canceling your contract also mean you are moving from a contract customer to a prepaid customer. This means that you may lose your contract number but there is a way out to keep it.
You may have to port your contact number to your prepaid number unless, of course, you are leaving the network entirely to join a different network.
Does It Mean I Cannot Cancel My MTN SIM Contract?
No, it does not mean you cannot cancel your sim contract. Just give them a 20 days notice and you are already a step closer to canceling your sim contract.
How Do I Contact The MTN Contract Department?
If you have any further questions for the Contract Department of MTN, you may reach out to them through any of these means;
- Dialing 135 from an MTN number to speak to any of the customer care personnel
- Dialing 083 135 from another number to speak to customer care
- Chat on WhatsApp via 083 123 4357
- Physical address
MTN Proprietary Limited
Private Bag 9955
What Is MTN And What Do They Do?
MTN has been in existence since 1994. MTN is an acronym that stands for Mobile Telephone Network. The company is one of the leading network providers in South Africa and other African countries.
The company has a working staff of 19,288. What the company seeks to achieve and has been doing over the years is to provide the best cellular services amongst other services to its customers.
What Services Does MTN Provide?
The services provided by MTN include;
- Internet services
- Mobile Money Services
- Apps to manage your accounts
- Entertainment from MTN Play