How To Buy Data on Vodacom – Most times, a lot of people find it difficult to buy data on Vodacom, and if you happen to be one of such people, then stay with me as I am going to blow your mind with facts about buying data on Vodacom.
I promise you that by the end of this article, you will have no reason to say that you find it challenging to buy data on Vodacom as a Vodacom customer. The fantastic thing is that I will give you two ways through which you can accomplish this and it will be dependent on you to choose which procedure to use.
It is noteworthy to state that Vodacom Group Limited is a South-Western African mobile communications firm.
The company serves over 55 million subscribers and they are able to do this by offering voice, message, Internet, and integrated services.
Vodacom began operations in South Africa and has expanded to include networks in Tanzania, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mozambique, and Lesotho. It also offers business services to clients in over 32 African nations, including Nigeria, Zambia, Angola, Kenya, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, and Cameroon.
In addition to providing 3G, 4G, and UMTS networks in South Africa, Vodacom South Africa also provides Wi-Fi, WiMAX, HSPA+ (21.1 Mbit/s), HSUPA (42 Mbit/s, 2100 MHz), and LTE services. The first cellular provider to provide LTE in South Africa was Vodacom.
Vodacom introduced their fiber offering to the residential market on October 21, 2015. In a speed test on April 7, 2017, Vodacom’s 4G+ network in Brooklyn Mall, Pretoria, received 240 Mbit/s.
Early in 2020, Vodacom launched a live 5G network in Africa, becoming the second network operator to do so. The network was initially accessible in Johannesburg, Pretoria, and Cape Town.
Numerous sports in South Africa are sponsored by Vodacom. They have naming rights to the provincial rugby union’s Loftus Versfeld stadium and are the sponsors of the Pretoria-based Vodacom Blue Bulls.
Vodacom has been the title sponsor of the Super Rugby event in South Africa since 1996 as a part of their portfolio of rugby union sponsorships. They support the Kaizer Chiefs and the Orlando Pirates, two Premier Soccer League football teams. Additionally, they support the national sides Bafana Bafana (men), Amajita
(under 20s), and earlier Banyana Banyana as well as the South African Football Association (women).
However, the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which was held in South Africa, included rival MTN as one of its sponsors.
How To Buy Data On Vodacom
If you wish to buy data on Vodacom, there are several ways through which you can buy it. Vodacom has made it easier for customers to choose amongst many options the one that suits them the most to purchase data depending on their situation and perhaps the type of phone they use. We are going to see all these options below.
Buying Vodacom Data Via USSD Code
If you are a Vodacom user, you can purchase data using either a credit or debit card and using the USSD code. Should you opt for this, here is how you follow through with the process;
- First and foremost, you have to open the dial pad on your phone
- Once that is done, dial *135*02#
- Go ahead to select a recipient
- Once that is done, key in the amount of data you wish to purchase
- Then you can follow the payment options with the bank
- Once the payment has been confirmed, you will have your data
Buying Vodacom Data Using SMS
One other way you can purchase Vodacom data is using SMS. To do this, following these;
- You have to send an SMS to 136 stating correctly the amount of data you wish to buy
- That amount you have stated will be deducted from you airtime as payment of the data you stated in the SMS
- You will have a confirmation immediately if there is enough airtime on your phone
Using the Vodacom App
- From your app store, download and install the Vodacom mobile app.
- Launch the app and sign in using your Vodacom credentials.
- Select “Buy Data” or “Recharge” from the menu.
- Choose the appropriate data bundle from the available options.
- To finish the transaction, simply follow the steps.
Using The Vodacom Official Website
You can equally buy data on Vodacom using their official website. Here is how to go about it;
- You have to first and foremost visit the Vodacom official website and register with your number and email address
- After that, you can log into your account with your name and email address
- Select a recipient, with yourself or someone you have chosen to get the data for
- Then go ahead to choose a data bundle
- Then go ahead to make payment with either your debit or credit card
- Once the payment goes through, you will receive a confirmation
How To Buy WhatsApp Data Bundle On Vodacom
Vodacom offers WhatsApp data bundles that allow you to use WhatsApp without using up your regular data allowance. The process for acquiring a Vodacom WhatsApp data bundle may differ according on your area and current options. Here’s a general guide to purchasing a Vodacom WhatsApp data bundle:
Using USSD Codes
- Enter the USSD code *135# from your Vodacom SIM card.
- Navigate the menu by following the on-screen instructions.
- Look for options linked to data bundles or social bundles.
- You might see a specific option for WhatsApp bundles.
- Choose the WhatsApp data package that best meets your requirements from the list offered.
- Confirm the purchase and follow any subsequent questions.
Alternatively, you can dial *123*43# and follow the prompts to buy WhatsApp data.
How To Buy Vodacom Facebook Ticket
If you want to purchase a Vodacom Facebook ticket, follow through with these steps;
- Dial *135#
- Proceed to select the Facebook offer you wish to purchase
- Go ahead to pay for the Facebook ticket
When you purchase this Facebook ticket, it will enable you to chat and view pictures and videos on Facebook.
How To Buy YouTube Data on Vodacom
- Dial *135#
- Go ahead to select the YouTube offer you wish to purchase
- You can now proceed to make payment
How Much Is Vodacom 1GB Data
IGB data on Vodacom comes at a cost of R85. Prices are subject to change; therefore I recommend visiting the official Vodacom website, downloading the Vodacom app, or calling Vodacom customer care for the most up-to-date price information on their data plans.
How Much Is 5GB Vodacom Data
5GB data on Vodacom comes at a price of R149. This package includes 5GB Data Anytime and 5GB Data Night Owl (12am-5am).
How Much is 500MB of Data
500MB data on Vodacom comes at a price of – R69. Customers should bear in mind that this is a once-off bundle.
How To Buy Data On Vodacom FAQs
How Do I Purchase Data From Vodacom?
You can purchase data from Vodacom by using the Vodacom mobile app, dialing USSD numbers, visiting the Vodacom website, or visiting a Vodacom store.
What Exactly Is A USSD Code, And How Can I Utilize It To Purchase Data?
USSD codes are shortcodes that you can use to access numerous services from your mobile phone. To purchase data on Vodacom using a USSD code, dial the code (e.g., *135#) and follow the prompts to select a data bundle and complete the purchase.
What Exactly Are Data Bundles?
Data bundles are prepaid packages that provide a certain amount of data for a fixed fee. They are frequently less expensive than utilizing normal data rates.
Can I Purchase Data On Behalf of Someone Else?
Yes, you can buy data bundles for another Vodacom number using the same techniques you use to acquire data for your own.
How Can I Determine My Data Balance?
To check your data balance, dial a USSD code like *135# and follow the steps. You may also check your balance by logging in to your account on the Vodacom website or using the Vodacom mobile app.
How Do I Buy Data Or Airtime On Vodacom?
There are several ways by which you can buy data or airtime on Vodacom. You can either use;
- The USSD code
- Use the Vodacom app
- Buy online
- Use the Vodacom website
How Do I Buy 1GB Data On Vodacom With Airtime
- Please enter *135*02# into your Vodacom SIM.
- Select option 4 for promotions from the menu prompt.
- Then, reply “1” for 1GB for a day.
- Select option “1” for your Prepaid, uChoose, or Top-up number, or option “2” for another number.
- Select option “1” to confirm.
- Then, select “OK” to proceed.
- Again, select “OK” to authorize payment.
- Enter your debit or credit card number.
- In the card’s “Expiry date” and “Date of birth.”
- Now, enter your “Bank card Pin” to finish your payment.
- When your transaction is complete.
How Much is 2GB Vodacom Data?
2GB data on Vodacom is R141.