How Much Is MTN Sim Swap In South Africa – MTN provides its customers with a SIM swap service in South Africa. The procedure of replacing an old SIM card with a new one is known as a “Sim Swap,” and it’s usually used to fix problems like a lost or damaged SIM card. In South Africa, the price of a Sim swap can differ, therefore it’s best to check directly with MTN or go to their official website to find out the most recent information on the costs involved with this service. It is imperative to obtain up-to-date information from official sources as Sim Swap fees are subject to change.
How Much Is MTN Sim Swap?
One question that many people frequently have is how much it costs to switch SIM cards with MTN South Africa. When your new device is incompatible with your old SIM card or your present SIM card has become damaged, it becomes necessary to switch SIM cards. By following this procedure, you can swap out your MTN SIM card without losing your current number or any related information. But, it’s important to understand whether this MTN service is paid for and, if so, how much it will cost.
The SIM swap service is free of charge for MTN prepaid users. They will still need to buy a new SIM card, though, and the MTN Pay-as-you-go beginning packs often run about R3.49. Conversely, MTN contract subscribers should budget about R150 for the cost of a SIM swap.
This concludes our discussion on “How much is a SIM swap at MTN South Africa.” A SIM swap is usually free of charge. All you’ll have to spend is the almost nonexistent cost of obtaining a new SIM card.
How To Swap MTN Sim Via SMS
- You must purchase a new MTN SIM card first. You may do this at Game, Shoprite, Checkers, MTN shops, and many other stores.
- You then have to RICA the new SIM. It is a prerequisite in South Africa. Every SIM card must have a registered RICA number.
- Insert the replacement SIM card into your phone once it has been registered. Then, to activate the SIM, call *135#.
- Enter *135*3#.
- The number you want to transfer to the new SIM will now be requested from you. Enter the MTN number you once had. It will also question you why the exchange was made.
- You receive an SMS containing additional instructions.
- You will be prompted with security questions about the previous SIM as part of the process.
Alternatively, you can;
- Make sure a fresh MTN SIM card is prepared for the exchange. You need to put this new SIM card with your current mobile number into the device that you wish to use.
- Send the message “SIM SWAP” by SMS from your phone to 083 767 8287 using your previous or current MTN SIM card.
- A response with instructions and a request for particulars will be sent to you. Usually, you will be required to supply the ICCID number of your new SIM card, the number of your previous SIM card, your ID or passport number, and the explanation for the SIM exchange.
- Observe the guidelines in the SMS response and accurately supply the requested data.
- You’ll receive an email confirming the SIM exchange process is underway as soon as you’ve fulfilled all the requirements and had your information validated.
- Your old SIM card will be deactivated soon, and your new SIM card will be activated using your current phone number.
- To finish the procedure and begin using your new SIM card, you should restart your mobile device.
It’s important to verify with MTN or visit their official website for the most recent information on how to do a SIM exchange by SMS, as the precise format and procedure may vary over time.
Why Swap Your MTN Sim?
You may need to switch your MTN SIM card for several reasons. Typical causes include the following:
- If your MTN SIM card is stolen or lost, you must get a new one immediately to stop someone else from using your number and related services without authorization.
- Furthermore, a physically broken or broken SIM card may result in poor call quality, problems connecting to the network, or interruptions to text messaging and data services. Choosing to replace your SIM card can solve these problems in such cases.
- Moreover, if you switch to a new phone that requires a different SIM card size (e.g., from a normal SIM to a micro or nano SIM), you will need to do a SIM card swap for your new phone to work with it.
- It might be required to switch from your current SIM card to a 4G or 5G SIM card when switching to a 4G or 5G smartphone in order to fully utilize the improved data services with better speed and performance.
- It is advised to start a SIM swap as a preventative step to strengthen the security of your mobile services in cases involving security breaches, such as SIM card cloning or unauthorized access to your account.
- In addition, if inconsistencies or issues occur regarding registering your SIM card, you may be required to go through a SIM card replacement process to address the matter and properly comply with the legal requirements.
How Much Does MTN Charge For SIM Swap?
The price of an MTN SIM exchange in South Africa differed according to the kind of customer:
- MTN Prepaid users: SIM changes were usually provided at no cost to MTN Prepaid users. The SIM exchange service itself was normally free of charge, but you would have to pay for a new SIM card, which was an additional expense.
- MTN Contract users: MTN contract users should be prepared to pay a possible R150 cost for a SIM swap. This charge takes care of the replacement and administrative expenses related to the SIM switch.
How Much Does MTN SIM Swap Cost?
In most cases, the SIM exchange service is free for MTN prepaid users. But it’s crucial to remember that they have to buy a new SIM card. The cost of MTN’s Pay-as-you-go beginning packs, which are required for the switch, is roughly R3.49. On the other hand, MTN contract subscribers should budget about R150 if they choose to switch SIMs. This charge takes care of the process’s replacement and administrative expenses.
How To Do A SIM Swap On MTN South Africa?
- Find the MTN store or service center closest to you. The MTN website or MTN customer care can provide you with the address of the closest store.
- Make sure you have a legitimate form of identification with you, such as your driver’s license, passport, or South African ID book. In order to finish the SIM exchange process and confirm your identification, this is necessary.
- Tell the customer support agent that you want to swap out your SIM card when you get to the MTN store. They are going to walk you through it.
- You will receive a replacement SIM card after the request has been processed and your identity has been confirmed. Your current cell phone number will be moved to this new SIM card.
- Check to see if your phone is operating properly after inserting the new SIM card. Make sure there are no problems making calls, sending messages, or using data services by testing the new SIM card.
- Prior to switching SIM cards, it’s a good idea to back up your contacts and other crucial data because they won’t transfer automatically.
- A confirmation SMS can be sent to you after the SIM transfer is finished. If not, confirm that the procedure has been completed by speaking with the customer support agent.