How Long Does It Take To RICA Telkom Sim Card – The Telkom RICA sim card processes can take a while to be completed and you might be wondering about the span or how it takes for that to be completed so that you can fully use your phone.
The waiting period can be a lot, especially if and when you have no idea when it is going to be done. This article will see to it that, you are fed with all the knowledge when it comes down to the span it takes to RICA your Telkom sim card. We encourage you to continue reading to find out more.
How Long Does It Take To RICA Telkom SIM Card?
If you have read up to this stage, it means that you are ready for information and we are going to give you just that. So the question is, how long is it going to take for your Telkom sim card to RICA?
Well, according to Telkom, the verification process will take just about 15 minutes and at tops, a little over 15 minutes. Once the sim card has been verified, you are not done just yet.
Once the verification is completed, an SMS will be sent to you informing you whether the verification was a success or not.
If you are lucky and everything pushes through for you, you will have to wait for two hours for the entire process to be completed. After these two hours have elapsed, you may now test to see if indeed your sim has RICA.
What Do I Need To RICA My Telkom Sim Card?
Now that you are in full knowledge of the full span of the RICA process, you must be wondering about the way forward should you decide to RICA your Sim card. Well, below, we will take you through a step-by-step process on how to RICA your sim. Before that, let’s see what you need for the process.
- You have to make available your phone card ICCID number. This can be found at the back of your starter pack
- Your personal details which may include your place of residence, email address, telephone number, home address, and more
- You need to provide a copy of your South African identification card. This should be in either PDF, JPEG, PNG, or JPG format
- Also, make available your proof of residence, a copy of your utility bills, bank account details plus more
- Additionally, you have to make provision for a selfie which will be used to ascertain if the picture is the same as the one on your South African identification card
How Do I RICA My Telkom Sim Card? (Processes)
Now that we have seen all that you need to make your sim card RICA process successful, let us do a step to step process of how to RICA the sim card. Here is how;
- The first step here is to visit the official Telkom website here https://rica.telkom.co.za/. Once there, you have to Click the “Start RICA” button on the Telkom RICA website. This will start the RICA verification procedure
- The second step is to fill in and complete the required information, such as your personal information (name, last name), RSA ID number, and SIM ICCID number
- At this stage, provide additional personal information, such as your contact information
- After submitting your contact information, you will receive an email, SMS, and a link to finish the RICA process
- Please include a copy of your RSA ID. This can be in the form of a PDF, PNG, JPG, or JPEG
- Please provide proof of residency. This could be a utility bill, a store account, or a bank balance
- To confirm your identity, you must take and submit a selfie that shows clearly your face as the final step. This concludes the RICA verification process
Does Telkom SIM card RICA Take More Than 15 Minutes
This is a viable question to ask especially looking at the stages involved in the process. You are safe to say, it could probably take more than 15 minutes for the process to be completed or even less. The truth is, the RICA process according to Telkom takes 15 minutes for the verification to push through.
After the 15 minutes, however, you may have to wait for a whole two hours for the sim to completely RICA.
Can I Restart Telkom SIM Card Rica Process?
Perhaps, you started your Telkom sim card RICA process and for one reason or the next, you were unable to finish the process and had to stop. This means that the process did not push through and if you wish to RICA your sim card, you will need to restart the process.
So yes, if you are asking if you can restart the Telkom sim card RICA process, the answer is yes. You are to make sure the process is complete and you successfully verified your sim card.
Why Do I Need To RICA By Telkom Sim Card?
If you have a South African SIM card, you must register with RICA to use the services of your cellphone provider.