It is widely known that you cannot use the SMS service from your MTN number if you have not configured it with the message center number. This article concern itself with everything that has to do with the MTN message center and how to go about the process. Keep reading.
What Is MTN Message Center?
Most often than not, we barely pay attention to the message center numbers, and who could blame anyone? Most of our phones come already configured to our specific networks so much so that there will be no need for anyone to look for a message center number.
However, in rare cases where a phone is not automatically connected, that is when a message center number becomes relevant.
What then is a message center number? It is a setting with a short messaging service that makes it possible for users of a particular network to send and receive messages. Without this setting, your message will not be able to get to the person it was intended for.
When a user someway somehow is unable to send and receive SMS, it may be due to the single fact that they have lost the message centre number setting.
What Is MTN Message Centre Number
When it comes down to MTN, they have two separate numbers for as their message centre numbers. One is for contract users and the other is for prepaid users. It must be noted that it is the message centre number that makes it possible for the configuration of the SMS service. Once a customer calls and communicates their problem, they will be assisted through the process.
These numbers are;
Prepaid customers: +27831000113
MTN contract customers: +27831 000002 (5 zeros)
How To Get My MTN Message Centre Number?
Getting your MTN message centre number is one of the easiest things to do. First and foremost, you to ask yourself which of the two categories you fall on. Are you a prepaid customer or an MTN contract customer?
If you are a contract customer, you have to use: +27831 000002 (5 zeros) whiles a prepaid user uses; Prepaid customers: +27831000113.
How To Add The Message Centre Number To An MTN Phone
Adding the message centre number to your phone does not require any special skill. You can be done with the process in less than 20 minutes tops.
Users must however note that the steps involved in adding the message centre may differ according to the specific phone the customer is using. Users are to navigate until they familiarize themselves to make the process less tedious.
Follow these steps if you are using an Android phone.
- First and foremost, you have to browse through your phone displays and select the messaging application on the phone,
- Once there, open the messaging menu. This can be found on the right-hand side of the display where there are three dots.
- Click on settings when the menu opens.
- Proceed to click on More Settings or Advanced depending on the phone you are using.
- Now tap on Text Messages where you will see the input mood and also the message centre number.
- You can view it. It is not something you can miss.
How And Where To Put The Message Centre Number
Now that you have found your MTN message centre number, the next question that comes is, where do I put the message centre number and how do I even go about it?
To put the number on the phone, go through the following process;
- Go to the messages on your phone. Make sure it is not the inbox that you are going through
- Now, search for where settings are or where they have written options and tap on it
- Make sure you find a message centre or service centre where you can key in your service centre number
- You can also, find the message centre and follow the same direction
- You must note that, even if the phone is different, the process will not differ much and following it will achieve the same result
- Also, note that the message centre number will not depend on the type of phone you are using. The number will depend on the network of the service provider and nothing more
How Do I Reset My MTN Message Centre?
If you want to reset your MTN message centre, kindly follow these;
- Go to the message settings on your respective phone
- Tap on SMS or Text Messages
- Opt for MTN
- Then select the message centre
- Edit . You can do this by deleting the number you see there
- Proceed by typing the message centre number you saw
- You can now try and send a message to see if the reset went through